How to cope with emotions after pet loss?
It is normal to feel a rollercoaster of emotions after pet loss. Sometimes, it can be even more devastating than the loss of a person. If you are wondering "why?" the answer is "unconditional love". Our pets give us love, companion, they listen, they don't judge. For them, we are everything no matter what.
Learning how to cope with pet loss can be very challenging and there is no right or wrong way to grieve. If you are struggling with not knowing what to do after the loss of your pet we have listed a few ways that can help you cope with your loss.
- Cry as much as you need. Don’t hold back on letting your emotions go, as these tears often help release some of the pain and stress.
- Open up, and share your feelings with your closest ones. There is nothing to be shy about, those people care about you and understand what you're going through.
- Reach out to support groups and talk with people in a similar situation.
- Try to stick to your regular routine. Don't forget to eat and sleep. Make sure you take good care of yourself during this hard time.
- Take time to remember the good moments you had with your pet.
- Journal about your feelings. It can have true therapeutic value.
- Get a memorial created. Happy paws jewelry piece will help you to keep your pet close to your heart forever and remind you that you helped other dogs and cats in need. Send us your favorite picture of your pet and we will engrave it for you and donate on your behalf!
Read more about what our community of animal lovers are saying about our personalized pet jewelry.